Tuesday, October 9, 2018

5 Things You Can Get For Free (Or Low Cost) When You're Expecting

It's crazy how many free or low cost things you can get as an expecting or current parent. I wish I had known about all these amazing deals when I was pregnant the first time around. 

Having a kid is crazy expensive. Even if you are considered low-income and can get state help like WIC or Food Stamps. I could not get that kind of help this time around so I made it my mission to find anything I could get a deal on and exploit the hell out of it.


1. Registries:

Even though this was my second kid, I went a little crazy on the registries. Especially since I had no intention of having another baby shower. 

But it doesn't matter because you can get a FREE welcome kit at every single place you register at.
  • Target
  • Buy Buy Baby
  • Wal-Mart
  • Amazon - (conditions:  only if you are a PRIME member and purchase one item from your registry)

Each welcome kit comes with TONS of free samples, coupons, and regular priced items. 

The best one by far was the Amazon Welcome Box. Of course the one downside is being a Prime Member and having to purchase an item from the registry. It is well worth purchasing an item you needed anyway though.

What I received in the Amazon Prime Box

  • Huggies Diapers
  • Sample Pampers Wipes
  • One Dr. Brown Bottle
  • One 3-6 Month Onesie
  • One Baby Blanket
  • 2 Pack Nuk Pacifier
  • Lysol Disinfectant Wipes
  • Coupons
  • Burts and Bees Travel Size Shampoo
  • Dove Travel Size Shampoo
  • Samples of Diaper Rash Cream
I was so pumped when I got my box. You may get different items from what I received, I think they take a peek at your registry to pick out things suited for you.

2. Breast Pump

What some expecting mom's don't know is that they don't even need to register for a breast pump anymore. 

Most commercial health plan's will pay up to a 100% of your breast pump with little or no co-pay on your part. 

I was silly the first time around and didn't even consider to look into this but I am so glad I did this time. 

There was a medical supply company in the hospital that delivered a Medela Double Electric Breast Pump up to my room before I was packed up and ready to go. It was incredibly easy!

3. Similac Strong Mom's Reward Program

If you don't plan on breastfeeding or even if you do sign up for this program! It is extremely easy and 100% free. 

You'll receive a big box of free samples of all of their best selling formula's and reoccurring coupons in the mail. 

Since I signed up two months ago I've received two $15 off coupons and eight $5 off coupons. Formula is daaang expensive, don't hesitate when you could be saving money!

4. Enfamil Family Beginnings.

Similar to the program above you get free samples in the mail and reoccurring coupons. 

I have yet to receive a $15 dollar off coupon but I do get $5 dollar off coupons frequently. 

Even if you're not sure of which formula to use, I would still sign up for both of these programs while you're still expecting as it may take a little bit of time to receive your samples. 

5. Wal-Mart Baby Box

I had no idea this even existed until recently! For the low cost of only $5 dollars per box for shipping and handling, you'll get a home delivery of useful products and helpful tips.

For each stage of life: Pre-Natal, Newborn, and Toddler you'll receive your subscription box in the mail. Each box is fill with samples according to your baby's life stages. 

You should receive your first Walmart Baby Box within two weeks. You'll automatically receive your next box when your baby enters their next life stage. Don't worry you won't be charged until the box is processed for shipment. 

You can always cancel the subscription if you find it is not for you. It definitely wouldn't hurt to give one a try though! 

I only signed up for this product last week so I have not received my baby box yet. Stay tuned!

Save Yourself Some Money

I think we can all agree having a kid is expensive. Get the most you can out of companies willing to help you out! Whatever you don't use you can give to another expecting or current parent that needs it.


Did you sign up for anything today?

No comments:

Post a Comment