Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Let's Try This Again

I've done this a few times. The first time I started writing a blog, I was 17. It was at the suggestion of my favorite teacher. I told him I enjoyed writing and I hoped to be a published writer one day. "You should start small," he said, "With a free blog and get your name out there." So I did. Armed with angst and parental negligence I started posting about how pissed off I was. 

My second attempt was when I was 19, 8 months pregnant with my first child, and had just graduated high school. I believe I did one post about my relationship with my boyfriend at the time, he is now my current husband.

The third time was almost two years ago 23 years old and when my husband and I went through one hell of a time that almost completely destroyed our marriage and family. We did come out stronger and I thought, that is something to write about, that we overcame something like that and came out even better. I updated my blog name and description and did not write one single post 😂

I'm going to go through with it this time though. Not for followers or to get my name out there. But for me. I truly enjoy writing but I have constantly held myself back for fear of not being good enough, of not having it come out perfect. I have started 3 novels that are just sitting on my laptop that I have moved from one computer to another since I was 15. I've kept them and barely touched them for fear that if I rush into it, I will ruin the stories and the characters I created. 

I'm still not ready to touch them yet.  But maybe this will help give me the courage.



P.S. I've deleted all my original posts to start over. But stay tuned we'll probably get into my childhood trauma later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment